2017 CALENDAR OF GIVING (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Since it was the practice of the earliest Christians to “remember the poor” every time they received Communion, we have begun a practice of receiving Communion on the first Sunday of every month, then all month long, our members and friends contribute to selected missions, service or justice organizations, as well as toward the support of the amount we give annually to our denomination for global outreach, missions and administration.
- Every month we contribute support to our denomination through the Apportionments.
- Year-around or Occasional: We give to special United Methodist Appeals such as disaster responses and support of the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), Imagine No Malaria, and Reach/Renew/Rejoice.
- January: Citizens’ Climate Lobby (non-partisan climate change policies), or other environmental group(s)
- February: Joint Religious Legislative Coalition, United Way and Isaiah
- March: Minnesota Food Share - Emphasis throughout the month for gifts of money and food for the local food shelf.
- April: Easter Sunday – Lent/Easter Offering. For local church needs
- May: Camperships for local church’s children and youth (week-long events, mission, canoeing)
- June: Love Offering - The Conference decides where this offering goes. It is taken up to Annual Conference by the Pastors and attendees along with Health Kits, School Kits, Sewing Kits and/or Flood Buckets
- July: Mission Market - Local Produce Sales for Special Cause (to be determined)
- August: Pie and Ice Cream Social for Local Church Needs
- September: Hope Coalition (Community Care Fund)
- October: Crop Walk - Supports local Food Shelf and other ministries.
- November: Red Wing Food Shelf - Gifts of grocery products or money for the local Food Shelf. Thanksgiving Day Dinner - Thanksgiving meal made for anyone in the community.
- December: Goodhue County Christmas Project - Adopt families and/or singles and provide with gifts, toys from Toys for Tots, and food for a Christmas Dinner Advent/Christmas Offering and Appeal Letter - Supports the local church.
- Bishop’s Appeal: Anytime throughout the year – Conference focus - Reach, Renew, Rejoice